Adobe lightroom was really nice.. but cant rename batch without bridge?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jburrows500, Sep 7, 2007.

1. jburrows500 macrumors regular

jburrows500

I was looking for a replacement to picassa and found light room to be real promising, although it ran really slow and had a few issues on the importing.. said 38 of my files out of 4,000 were corupt but I later imported them fine.. anyways, I wanted to rename 20 pics that I downloaded off my digital camera and found that I needed a plug in called "bridge". Problem is, its not included.. although its part of photoshop which I guess lightroom is designed to accompany PS and not designed to be a stand alone... thats sucks cuz it was looking really nice.... I tried to figure out how to do a rename of my files but not having any luck. Help. Thanks

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I'm pretty sure you can use automator to batch rename files.

3. Alican macrumors regular

Yes you can use automator, I've batch renamed files many times with it

4. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

If you want to kill two birds with one stone you can get Aperture for about the same price. I read your other post and you said that you used iPhoto at first, and the best thing is that Aperture can import your iPhoto library as well. If you have your 4000 pics set up somewhere else you can reference them from Aperture and keep your own hierarchy. It is fully compatible with iLife and iWork and.... Final Cut Express (via free plugin). That's what keeps me going with Apple Apps.... pure integration... something you can't find anywhere else.

Best yet... batch renaming is easy and simple. :D

5. jburrows500 thread starter macrumors regular

jburrows500

Thanks for the suggestion.. I will give it a try. Much appreciated. I tried automater and it worked fine.. lots of steps.. but made it work... Thanks!