Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Each year, Adobe holds an event called Adobe MAX to highlight new Adobe software releases for design and advertising professionals. Adobe MAX is normally an in-person event, but as with the 2020 event, the 2021 Adobe MAX presentation will again be digital.

adobe-max-2021.jpg

Adobe MAX 2021 is set to take place from Tuesday, October 26 to Thursday, October 28, and it will be a free event for all who want to attend. Registration for Adobe MAX is open as of today, and those interested in signing up can do so on the Adobe website.

The event will feature more than 400 sessions, keynotes, MAX Sneaks labs, and workshops, with talks from creative luminaries, product experts, speakers, and more.

Adobe plans to host collaborative art projects and community challenges, plus there will be learning sessions appropriate for all skill levels and virtual networking opportunities for creatives worldwide.

Article Link: Adobe MAX 2021 Free for Everyone, Registration Now Open

Reactions: nouvejetzt

TSE

macrumors 601
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Adobe!!! Apple is going to buy out Affinity, package the creative suite with every Mac, once again become the go-to computer for design professionals, and eat you alive! Steve Jobs killed Flash, now Tim's gonna kill your overpriced, garbage software that hasn't improved for over a decade!

One can dream.

normang

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2007
Maple Grove, MN
What is the purpose of attending a event from a company that rips customers off every year they renew for a set pf programs that were probably about the original cost of the annual fee or would be paid for in 2 at the most... but, there are probably users that have been paying for Adobe software for years now and never looked once to see how much they've actually spent and while there are probably alternatives, they just say it doesn't do this, without perhaps pondering how often they really do that..

Adobe is still a rip off and the same goes for any App on IOS or Mac App sure that wants to sell you a subscription for an app thats not worth being perpetually paid for.

Reactions: DCW

satchmo

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
What is the purpose of attending a event from a company that rips customers off every year they renew for a set pf programs that were probably about the original cost of the annual fee or would be paid for in 2 at the most... but, there are probably users that have been paying for Adobe software for years now and never looked once to see how much they've actually spent and while there are probably alternatives, they just say it doesn't do this, without perhaps pondering how often they really do that..

Adobe is still a rip off and the same goes for any App on IOS or Mac App sure that wants to sell you a subscription for an app thats not worth being perpetually paid for.

The purpose is if you're a professional whose making money using Adobe products. Many users may also be on a corporate account so the cost is nothing to them.

And while many are overpaying, let's not ignore the fact that there's a hugely popular crack that allows free use of it's apps 'for testing purposes' only. Right.

Look, I hate how expensive Creative Cloud is (which is why I bought Affinity apps this year) but until such time, Adobe continues to be the industry standard in most creative fields.

Reactions: amartinez1660

normang

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2007
Maple Grove, MN
The purpose is if you're a professional whose making money using Adobe products. Many users may also be on a corporate account so the cost is nothing to them.

And while many are overpaying, let's not ignore the fact that there's a hugely popular crack that allows free use of it's apps 'for testing purposes' only. Right.

Look, I hate how expensive Creative Cloud is (which is why I bought Affinity apps this year) but until such time, Adobe continues to be the industry standard in most creative fields.
It just goes to show how ridiculous the Adobe model truly is, and they are managing to profit handsomely from the people or companies that don't care how they are being ripped off, that one has to highlight the fact that that app can be cracked for free use..

These companies and people that pay these exorbitant fees for this software are enabling this rip off.. If Adobe's software is as good as some people make it out to be, then they should be able to sell not subscription versions at a reasonable price with limited support, perhaps just a couple updates if needed within the first year and after that, your on your own and you know it. I'd bet many people would make these apps last for a long time of there was an option.

BaltimoreMediaBlog

Suspended
Jul 30, 2015
DC / Baltimore / Northeast
Will the process be as difficult as installing or uninstalling Flash Player updates or deletion?

If so, I'll jump off a bridge instead. Uninstalling Flash wiped out all my tab history/sesson one time and you didn't want to hang out with me that day for sure I was so mad!

Reactions: amartinez1660

satchmo

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
It just goes to show how ridiculous the Adobe model truly is, and they are managing to profit handsomely from the people or companies that don't care how they are being ripped off, that one has to highlight the fact that that app can be cracked for free use..

These companies and people that pay these exorbitant fees for this software are enabling this rip off.. If Adobe's software is as good as some people make it out to be, then they should be able to sell not subscription versions at a reasonable price with limited support, perhaps just a couple updates if needed within the first year and after that, your on your own and you know it. I'd bet many people would make these apps last for a long time of there was an option.

Are you simply upset at Adobe? Because this subscription model is the norm today and embraced by hundreds of other software companies.

So when we Apple customers, pay the high price for Apple products, we’re enabling them to rip us off?
I’m not trying to defend Adobe, but they’re in business to make money and will succeed or fail like others, based on their pricing, products and service.

yabeweb

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2021
Adobe!!! Apple is going to buy out Affinity, package the creative suite with every Mac, once again become the go-to computer for design professionals, and eat you alive! Steve Jobs killed Flash, now Tim's gonna kill your overpriced, garbage software that hasn't improved for over a decade!

One can dream.
God please NO! They’ll ruin it.

mansplains

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2021

This, once you're industry standard you can ask for what you want. Avid is the same with Pro Tools, why pay $800/yr when you can perpetually buy so many other DAWs. If you're a 'professional' you can bill your clients to offset your software cost, like how you bill for equipment used in a production which you otherwise wouldn't have.

sevoneone

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2010
Shockwave was great until Adobe bought Macromedia. Pre Flash...most of you won't remember it. Started a company using it. Did well. :)
Flash started at Macromedia through version 8.0 before the adobe buyout. I'd say it peaked around version 5 or version 6. Talk about an amazing time for creativity and UI/UX... Any brand could truly have its own unique interface. Sure there was a lot of awful, but there was a lot of amazing too. 2Advanced, Eye4U Media, Phil Brown, so many others... This was the stuff that ultimately influenced my career path starting back in High School and so much of it is long lost now...

kingjames1970

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
Hampshire, UK
I can’t believe people are still harping on about this years later. As a professional using the software constantly, if you can’t pay for the monthly with an hour or two of work (or less) you are in the wrong trade. I don’t like paying it but if I was a plumber I’d need to lease a van.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.