Adobe Media Encoder cc Cuda Support

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by BigJohno, Nov 5, 2013.

1. BigJohno macrumors 65816

Hey everyone, Quick question regarding the Adobe Media Encoder CC. I used a tutorial to enable CUDA support in CS6 AF but I haven't found one to enable support in Adobe Media Encoder CC. I have a gtx 670 in my MP and would like to take advantage of it to encode video. Anyone have some advice on what to do here? Thanks!

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

We have a 5.1, but it has an ATI card in it. I installed the CUDA drivers on my iMac hoping it would kick some speed into tasks like folding, but it isn't as yet supported...If there isn't an option then it's likely the same story with the Adobe stuff. Support is still sketchy for CUDA based drivers.

3. josh.b macrumors regular

You can manually do it the same way. However, I did a test with OpenCL Mercury Playback vs CUDA Mercury Playback and they were both about the same.

Here is the process for premiere and after effects. Just change the path to be relevant for media encoder

Install Cuda for Mac OSX

1) Download and Install Cuda Drive for Mac: Around 20 MB
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html

Premiere Pro CC

1) Need to run GPUSniffer. Open Terminal Window and copy and paste this command:

/Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC.app/Contents/GPUSniffer.app/Contents/MacOS/GPUSniffer

2) Open Terminal Window and copy and paste this command:

sudo nano /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC.app/Contents/cuda_supported_cards.txt

After Effects CC

1) Need to run GPUSniffer. Open Terminal Window and copy and paste this command:

/Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC.app/Contents/GPUSniffer.app/Contents/MacOS/GPUSniffer

2) Open Terminal Window and copy and paste this command:
    sudo nano /Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC.app/Contents/raytracer_supported_cards.txt

you just enter your card into the list and write out the file. The only difference between cs6 and cc is the file location path