Adobe (No) CS4 Trial Downloads = WTF

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by MBX, Oct 24, 2008.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

I understand Adobe is limiting the trial downloads but WTF, seriously. It's not like that will really stop the pirating of their tools. Unfortunately users who are paying for the software are not able to test it because they took it down for now.

Really annoying.

2. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

As far as I know, the trials were going to be available in mid-November; where have you heard otherwise?

3. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

Hmm i though they had the trials up running before but took them down again, no?

4. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

Not that I'm aware of, no :)

5. dpcalhoun macrumors member

Adobe has said the trials are set to be released mid-November in their downloads FAQ's. When you went to download the trials, it took you to a "notify me" page where Adobe would contact you when the trials were available. People had found a work around to download the trials Adobe had posted on their servers by copying and pasting a direct URL into their browser.

However, Adobe caught wind of this and pulled the trials off their server. The work around no longer work. The trials will be available mid-November.

6. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

7. hitnrun7 Guest

The files are on the servers.... if you start to download a lightroom2 trial and then modify the URL to the file name of the trial you want, it will give it to you. Just need to figure out the file name. Also don't ask how i know this, why i know this, i also dont condone this.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

this is also what I heard hence the lack of benchmark testing on real-world machines.

9. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

Yup... I think I might abstain from CS4 for the time being, until there's an option to change the stupidly inconsistent GUI back to normal :(