Adobe on MBP 13" ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Polofiesta, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Polofiesta macrumors member

Hey guys, so I have a 2011 MBP 13" i5 processor with 4gb of ram. I recently just ordered Adobe Master Collection and have a few questions. Will my mbp be able to run these programs decently like premiere and photoshop. I don't mind waiting because this computer is mainly for learning purposes especially with premiere. I will be rendering hd video's but not intensively. And i do have an external monitor so no need to worry about the small screen. From your own experiences or things you have heard is my computer going to be able to run these programs decent? Will it make a huge difference to upgrade my ram to 8gb? Sorry for such an essay :p Thank you!

2. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

it works fine on my 2.53 core 2 duo mbp.. should work fine on an i5..

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

An upgrade to 8GB couldn't hurt, especially in photoshop, but it definitely has enough CPU power to do any of it. You should even be able to get decent render times in premiere.

4. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

CS5.5 Master (only really use PS) works great on my 7,1 with a 2.4GHz C2D with 8GB RAM and a Vertex 3 SSD. Obviously the i5 is a more powerful processor than a C2D; while the HD3000 that your 8,1 has is probably a little less powerful than the 320M in the 7,1's, I'm sure it will work just fine.

5. PaulyD macrumors 6502

Absolutely fine on my c2d 2.4ghz, will be even better on the i5.

Would recommend the upgrade to 8gb, will help a fair bit and is so cheap now

6. Polofiesta thread starter macrumors member

Alright thank you.. I just downloaded the trials and they seem to run really good! I did minor editing and video rendering and it was awesome. But I am definitely going to upgrade my ram. Can anyone send me a link or tell me which ram i should buy for the mbp 13" 2011 i5? Thank you so much!