Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DELINDA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
11 is way to pricey for me . I just want to paint , Cs3 is great for graphics and photo's but I need a program that can create a painting . I presently airbrush my paintings and thats something like I want to do . Can anyone suggest a program(s) that will do the job . Painting is a hobby not a job . Thanks .

LeviG

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Norfolk, UK
um its corel painter and they have a range of options at different price points

Anyways heres a reply to a similar question on another forum I frequent

you got a wacom tablet laying around, mine came with a version of corel painter (or you could download it) which I think would have worked on a mac too, I never bothered checking to be honest as I wasn't going to use it :)

Corel (draw) is still going but they do some specific apps which might be more to his liking.

Painter (11), painter essentials (4) and Painter Sketchpad - (links are on this page) - they're all available on mac too :) - the first two are more the painter style of work while the sketchpad is more of a designers sketchbook in my opinion.

You also have alias sketchbook pro (I liked this more personally when I tried it but its individual preference as they're all pretty similar) - probably a mix of the two above.

You also have anime/manga studio and artrage deluxe (all mac options too) - linky to sales page and they're pretty self explanatory in their names :)

Theres also some cheaper/free alternatives that might be worth looking at here

In my opinion the best program depends on what sort of work he wants to produce and how he feels comfortable doing it, might be worth trying some of the demos first

opeter

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2007
Slovenia
You cannot compare Corel Painter vs Adobe Creative Suite applications. These are tottally different type of apps.

The only one, you could compare Painter with, is Photoshop. Yet, they are still different.

DELINDA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
painter 11

Thanks for the help . I did mean Corel , sorry . I do have a wacom and yes i did forget i had a paint program on it .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.