Adobe Photoshop 9 and Lion

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by halfmonkey, Apr 25, 2012.

1. halfmonkey macrumors regular

I currently have Adobe Photoshop 9 on my computer with Snow Leopard and was thinking of upgrading to Lion but I can't seem to find anywhere if PS 9 will work with Lion or even Mountain Lion. The box says it will work with Snow Leopard but it doesn't say 10.6 or later. It simply says 10.6 and I can't seem to find anything on their website to say if PS 9 will work with 10.7 or not.

PS 10 will work but that doesn't help me with PS 9. Does anybody know? Your help is greatly appreciated.

2. simsaladimbamba

Do you mean Adobe Photoshop Elements 9, because Adobe Photoshop 9 is quite old (CS 2 old)?

If it is the latter, no, because it runs only on 10.6 (if even) and lower due to Rosetta missing in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.

3. halfmonkey thread starter macrumors regular

Oops. Sorry about the missing info. It's the former. I have Photoshop Elements 9 and I'm thinking about upgrading to Lion or Mountain Lion and was wondering if PSE 9 will work or if I need to upgrade to PSE 10.

4. driftless macrumors demi-god

driftless

5. Bear, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012

Bear macrumors G3

6. halfmonkey thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the link. Per the link, it appears that the only thing not compatible is the following:

Adobe Premiere Elements

•In Adobe Premiere Elements 9, color artifacts appear in the Timeline area when moving clips within Timeline view.