Adobe Photoshop colors do not match web colors

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jaylach, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Jaylach macrumors newbie

I'm having a problem with Adobe and creating web graphics. I'm using an older version of Adobe Photoshop (The one before CS), using the "Export for Web" feature. The issue is, when I export from Adobe and then try to match colors with my web site (ex: creating round corners with css / images), the colors are not matching. For example, if I create a graphic in Adobe that uses the color #CCCCCC and export it and upload it to my site, then use the Digi Color Meter to get the color of the image, it's registering as #D4D4D4.

Any idea what could be causing this issue and how I might fix it? Thanks

2. antibact1 macrumors 6502

Just to confirm that you aren't going crazy, I have had this exact same problem in the past, even down to the same color (#cccccc). I'm sorry but I can't remember how I went about solving it, but there is certainly something weird going on.

3. jonnylink macrumors 6502

Make sure your RGB color settings are set to sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Also, are you making .pgn files? There is some issue with "save for web" and png files. The color profile isn't included in the file so colors can change a little. Also they'll change to decrease file size. If you have a solid color that is getting messed up use Apple's digital color meter to see if it is the right color, if it isn't just replace it. You can do that by double clicking on the color you want to change in the Color Table.

4. Darkroom Guest

Darkroom

you need to familiarize yourself with what's called Digital Color Management... it's not the easiest thing in the world to learn, but once you know it, you know it...

it may be easier for you to simply capture a selection screenshot (Apple + Shift + 4) of the image as you are viewing it in photoshop... by default mac captures screens as .PNG which are not web optimized images... so from here just open the screens in Preview and save them as a compressed .JPG... the colors of both the .PNG and .JPG should be wysiwyg.