Adobe Photoshop CS3 Trial won't install

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kineticac, Apr 9, 2008.

1. kineticac macrumors newbie

I just bought my Macbook Pro 2.4ghz w/ 4GB of RAM and 7200RPM 200gb hard drive yesterday. I tried to download the Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended Trial to see how it runs, but it won't fully install. I downloaded the trial from Adobe's website directly and tried to install. It installs the shared components fine, but it won't install Photoshop itself. It doesn't show any errors at all.

Can someone help me resolve the issue? I've tried re-downloading the .dmg file a few dozen times now.

2. chrisbeebops macrumors regular

Hmm... make sure you don't already have anything Adobe installed that might interfere with this installation. This might include previous versions of Adobe's Create Suite.

Try running Verify Disk and Repair Permissions in Disk Utility. Check Console for any errors related to the setup.

3. kineticac thread starter macrumors newbie

I installed Adobe Flash player and Adobe Acrobat Reader already, would that interfere?

Also, where is the Disk Utility? What will verify disk / repair permissions show? And lastly, where is the console that will show the errors? I'm just getting Adobe's GUI right now which gives me a generic error.

Sorry this is the first time transitioning from a Windows system to a Mac system =X It's gonna take me a bit to learn

Thanks!!