Adobe Photoshop CS5 Type Tool Playing Up...

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Lukeyy19, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

so i was working in photoshop, all was well, when i tried to make a new text box, and it seemed nothing had happened, but the text editing stuff appeared in the toolbar, so I tried to type, it was typing, but there was no cursor, I'm unable to see highlights, and i can't see the line underneath text when its selected, i tried clicking into other text that i had already placed, and sometimes it will display the cursor and what not, but other times it won't. Creating a new text box though, refuses to display anything that should show up when using the type tool, other than the text i'm typing.

it's really frustrating trying to work when i can't see where I'm highlighting, where my text is going to go, or where my cursor is.

I've tried searching on google, but i can't seem to find anything about a problem like this... does anyone know what is going on, and possibly how to fix it?

2. RodoLana macrumors newbie

I'm not sure what is going on, but whenever photoshop or other Adobe applications start acting weird, try deleting the preference file and then restart the application. Doing so will generate a new preference file which will usually fix things, unfortunately, you will have to reset your preferences. Alternatively, after you've reset your preferences, you can make a copy of your preferences file and keep it as a backup.

The photoshop CS5 preference file should be located at:
    ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS5 Settings/Adobe Photoshop CS5 Prefs.psp

RL

3. Lukeyy19 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

Turns out Photoshop was just messing up due to the humongous size of the image I was working with, splitting it into a few smaller sections solved it, thanks for the help anyway.