Adobe Photoshop discount for Windows to Mac Switchers

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kathmat, Aug 10, 2008.

1. kathmat macrumors member

I am longing to switch from my Windows system to an iMac, but keep dragging my heels at the thought of the large additional expenditure in replacing all of my Adobe applications - specifically Photoshop and Illustrator. I have been using Photoshop from as far back as version 6, so everything since then has been an upgrade. No... I bought a complete version of CS, sorry. However, does anyone know if Adobe gives a break to "switchers?"

2. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

Howdy. You can check with them directly, but I think there is a cross-platform "upgrade", which will be much smaller than buying the entire product.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I know Adobe offered a cross grade option in the past don't know if the still do it but well worth looking into. Basically you pay them a small fee and get a copy of the software for the new platform.

Edit:
    Found this on the adobe blog

4. NStocks macrumors 65816

A Friend on here told me that if you ring them up, they will send you a copy or license of which ever suite you have but the Mac version, if you agree to either destroy the Pc version, or send it into them. Might be worth ringing Adobe up.

NStocks

5. kathmat thread starter macrumors member

Adobe Photoshop discount for Windows to Mac switchers

Thank you all who replied. I will certainly investigate all possibilities. :)

6. raxafarian macrumors regular

cross platform

I did this last year.

Call them and explain you want to switch platforms (you have to currently have the latest version). You will download a form stating you will destroy your windows copy. Fill it out and fax it back to them. I had to pay about 5.00 for shipping and they sent me the retail box for the Mac version.

Here's a link to their letter of software destruction: http://www.adobe.com/support/service/ts/documents/lod/lod_exchange.pdf

7. Stratification macrumors regular

I did it on my CS to CS3 upgrade. Since I was upgrading already they didn't charge me any extra (thought that may be at the discretion of whoever you speak to). It took a little longer to get it than with a normal upgrade, but they were great to work with.