Adobe Photoshop, Which to buy?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tennismanclay, Oct 4, 2007.

1. tennismanclay macrumors regular

tennismanclay

Im sorta a noobie to adobe and all of there software they have to offer. I am wanting to buy photoshop, to edit pictures whenever. Im not sure what site to get it off or if i should see a retailer. I also dont know what version i should get, i only want photoshop nothing else. Im looking to spend under $150 or so on it. I dont want the $600 bundle with everything.

ive been to adobe.com and have snooped around, if i buy it, should i get it there, another site, or what retailers cary photoshop? Sorry im so new with all this but advice would be appreciated.

is photoshop cs3 the same as photoshop 6.0?
    -Clay

2. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

I sugest the ARRRRRRRRRRRRR version,
    ;)

:p

I dont condone piracy in any form or fashion, if you enjoy the software you should always pay the developer! :rolleyes:

3. tennismanclay thread starter macrumors regular

tennismanclay

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I'm not sure if that's a joke or not :eek:

Photoshop CS3 is version 10 I think (my legal copy of CS2 is 9). 6.0 is a very, very old version of Photoshop.

The only version of Photoshop that will run at full speed on an Intel Mac is CS3. Prior version are not compiled for x86 and run in Rosetta (Photoshop 7, Photoshop CS and CS2). This is much slower.

Even older versions that that (6 and lower) are not even OSX native and require a PPC Mac with Classic to run.

5. tennismanclay thread starter macrumors regular

tennismanclay

haha, i told you i didnt know anything lol. but thanks for the help, that clears it up a little.

6. tennismanclay thread starter macrumors regular

tennismanclay

so this means the newest version of photoshop is $650 bucks, just for photoshop?

7. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Yar, Photoshop is expensive. If you don't need Photoshop specifically (a lot of us do), you might want to look at alternatives: Photoshop Elements (new Intel native version coming out next year), Pixelmator, Acorn, etc.