Adobe Premiere CS3... INTEL ONLY!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by anim8or, Apr 18, 2007.

1. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

I dont know how many people will care and im sure i'll get plenty of negative opinions here but here goes anyway!

Did you all notice that the Adobe Premiere CS3 is INTEL only with no supprot whatsoever for PPC macs!!!!

I know they dont really sell PPC mac anymore but there are a hell of alot of people out there who still own G5s that are keeping up the pace.

Its a real shame that Adobe have been lazy in this regard as i know many many people who purchased their macs just before intel was introduced and now will have to do without premiere.

I hear you all chant for Final Cut but unless Final Cut Pro becomes available without the rest of the FCStudio then its not worth buying Final Cut Express IMO.

It amkes buying Adobe's Production Suite CS3 almost pointless as now the main element is useless for PPC macs.

Opinions please.

(links;

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/premierecs3/

read the product details/FAQ at the bottom)

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

This is kind of old news, but really, it;s pretty hard to care much.

Yes, some people did rush out to buy the last of the PowerPC machines. At that time, Mac Premiere was still a dead product, no one was buying that hardware with any expectation that it would be running this software.

3. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

My thoughts exactly. Adobe never even hinted Premiere would be back for the Mac at all until January 2007, well after PPC Macs had been discontinued.

Not that anyone should really care, in my opinion. I tried the new download of Premiere, and don't, for a minute, think it stands up alongside Final Cut Studio (let alone FCS 2.0).

Edit: And Final Cut Pro *was* a sepearte product, but was included with FCS, because it's *better* value. If you don't need FCS, you don't need FCP. That's a given, and I've yet to be convinced by anyone otherwise.