Adobe Premiere Pro 3.1.1 update - Leopard compatibility!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by krisis1, Dec 6, 2007.

1. krisis1 macrumors member

Am I the only one who was waiting for this update before upgrading to Leopard? Currently downloading the update, if all goes well I'll be enjoying Leopard in a couple of hours, can't wait :D

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3816

quote from adobe.com :
    Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 3.1.1 update

The Adobe® Premiere® Pro CS3 3.1.1 update includes Mac OS X v10.5 (Leopard) compatibility updates and important bug fixes. It is highly recommended for all Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 users.

2. jakebot macrumors member

jakebot

Ae?

After Effects please :) I'm sure thats a more widely used and higher in demand to be upgraded than premiere.

Besides... I cant upgrade my machine at work till AE is updated.... and I want to update badly :)

3. esquire360 macrumors regular

finally

ae soon please... i'll never upgrade early again

4. bretm macrumors 68000

I went ahead and upgraded. I left AE 5.5 on there and it still works. Albeit with a few oddities like crashing when I quit. But I have played with AE CS3 on Leopard on my MacPro a few times now and haven't had any issues. Supposedly few users will see the issues. But it runs. And the update is supposed to be early December. This premiere release is probably a sign that you'll see AE any day now.

A side note... I re-rendered a project from AE 5.5 that was originally rendered on my MDD dual 1ghz G4. That project, a 20 second title animation, took 4 hours and 20 minutes. I rerendered it with CS3 on the MacPro quad 2ghz. Quite a difference. Took 18 minutes! That's half a workday saved potentially.