Adobe Pro 11.0 Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hookemfins, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Hookemfins macrumors 6502

Hookemfins

I have Adobe Pro 11.0.09. I have a fill in form contract that can only be opened, previewed and used by Adobe Pro. I want to save it as non fill in form so it can be viewed in preview and emailed out. There will be many changes made to the contract over the next few days and I'd like to avoid printing and scanning back into my mac. Even though I have the pro version I don not pay for any services.

I have tried print and save as pdf but the program will not allow me to use that method.

Is it possible?

thanks

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

If you want to save the file, then you just save it. There is no need to print it, scan it, or chisel it in stone. One thing that you might consider doing is save it to a new file so that you can delete information from the copy. In any event, Preview should have no issue with either the original or the copy.

Or am I missing something?

3. Hookemfins thread starter macrumors 6502

Hookemfins

When I save it saves as still a fill in the blank form. I need it saved as non fill in the blank. Preview tells me its only viewable in Adobe. As I said, save as PDF from print isn't allowed.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It is a trivial matter to remove the forms before saving the file. A better question is:

What are you trying accomplish by saving the PDF without forms?

5. Hookemfins thread starter macrumors 6502

Hookemfins

It's a contract. As the price or terms change I want to make them. I want to control the changes. If I send the fill in the blank form then anyone can make changes.

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Then you clearly have no clue how Adobe Acrobat Pro works. Adobe Acrobat Pro is a full-featured PDF editor. It is the primary application used to create fillable forms. It can also be used to edit text in any PDF. If someone is of a mind to change the figures in your PDF, whether or not the PDF has fillable forms is of little consequence.

The bottom line is that you cannot ensure the integrity of a PDF file by removing or altering fillable forms. The way to ensure the integrity of a PDF file is to digitally sign it. A signed PDF may be opened, viewed, and printed without issue. If it is altered, then it will give notice of such alteration.