Adobe promo... board members?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pickoff, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Pickoff macrumors member

Seeing as I can see no better place to post this, I shall subject you to my ignorance.

See, I am going into boarding high school, but I am also on a pretty major budget. Right now, I am hoping to have $2,252.25 [$1,800+$300 (which I will be getting to)+ Tax] to get a MacBook Pro.

I have set aside that extra $300 dollars to get PS CS3.3, which I really need to pursue a fledging graphics design talent. However, I saw a little while back the Adobe+ new Mac offer, and got all excited, and thought I could get an entire suite of software for that much. Then I read the terms.

See, as a high school student I have no benefits coming to me from the Education store. Lucky me, however, because my mom also happens to be a board member at the high school I am going to, and board members are eligible for all Apple promos, like the discount, printer, and iPod (bummer, I already have a touch). But not necessarily the Adobe one.

I thoroughly read the Terms and it says that faculty and staff of k-12 schools are eligible. Do they lump board members in with that bunch, is my mom (*cough*me*cough) eligible? Does anyone have any experience with this? Any other insight? A number to call in Adobe?

Thanks a bunch, I will be joining the ranks of the MacBook Pro owners in a week!

Tim

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well if she's part of the school district then yes… AFAIK board members are not paid, but I think the school will give her a letter saying she's part of the district staff?