Adobe question...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by marine610610, Apr 11, 2007.

1. marine610610 macrumors regular

I just got a new MBP a couple of days ago. I had Adobe Pro 6.0 on my PC, which of course allowed me to save documents with the information i typed into them, not just the templates. Any cheap (read free) solutions for doing this with Adobe forms on my Mac?

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Wait a sec, what's the source of the documents? Are you talking about Acrobat? Are these PDF forms, or forms in another application that you'd save as PDFs? A little more specificity, please.

3. marine610610 thread starter macrumors regular

Generally they are documents that are already in .PDF format, usually applications for college etc... Occasionally i like to be ablet to convert them from another format to .PDF.

4. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Well, any application in OS X can create PDFs, because the entire display engine that OS X uses (Quartz) is based on PDF. Just go to File > Print... in any app and choose the button that says "Save as PDF." Don't even need a dummy printer installed. :)

5. Richard Flynn macrumors regular

You're talking about PDF forms, right? As I understand it, Preview.app (the default PDF viewer on the Mac) can't deal with forms inasmuch as it doesn't allow you to enter data into PDF forms. However, there is Adobe Reader for the Mac, which you can download from the Adobe site, and which I believe handles forms as you were doing previously.

If you want the full version of Acrobat, and are eligible for student pricing, then the discounts aren't inconsiderable (at least not when bought within the context of the Creative Suite, not sure if Acrobat on its own is available in the education store).

Sorry, I've probably given a slightly half-baked response.