Adobe Reader 9 Print Options (lack thereof)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MagnusVonMagnum, Apr 11, 2009.

1. MagnusVonMagnum macrumors 601

MagnusVonMagnum

I'm printing some tractor manuals on my Brother 5250DN laser printer (I also have a Brother MFC-665CW color ink jet/fax/scanner connected to the network). The manuals are in Adobe format and I have Adobe Reader 9 installed in Leopard on my PowerMac. I can print the full manuals just fine (duplex laser is great for cheap manual prints), but in the course of doing so I noticed that the print command in Adobe Reader 9 is just the basic OS X print one, not the option/menu style one I remember from Reader 8 that lets you print individual pages and shows a little preview of the page on the right side, etc. When I click the "preview" button on the print dialogue it responds with "Preview Not Supported". I've searched and searched for this problem and I find no mention of it anywhere. Am I experiencing a problem due to a wrong setting somewhere or something? Adobe's site implies that I should be seeing that same standard print dialogue with the page selection and mini-preview, etc. that I remember from Adobe Reader 8. What's going on here?

2. brec macrumors newbie

Click the small triangle to the right of the Printer: drop-down menu to expand (and then later to contract, if you wish) the dialog to show (hide) more options.