Adobe Releases App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MacProPIMP, Oct 4, 2009.

1. AlvinDj macrumors newbie

2. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

3. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

4. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

Damn, what a waste as I was hoping for something a little more interesting.

5. AlvinDj macrumors newbie

You gotta be kidding ?! :eek:

After Effects on iPhone :eek: Rendering's gonna explode it :D

6. strike1555 macrumors 6502

And here I thought they were actually going to release something useful....silly me.

7. MacProPIMP thread starter macrumors member

Future Apps

The bottom line here is Adobe has an interest in the iPhone platform, hopefully they'll release a photo editing app soon.

I think they'll hold off on AE for a bit :) and go straight to an image editing App first.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^ Honestly, I think they need not to worry about the iPhone platform until Apple and Adobe learn to play nice in the flash world.

9. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

Adobe releasing apps means that Flash is coming soon...

10. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

I'm not suggesting this will happen at all and I actually don't think it will but could Adobe release their own Flash enabled browser for the phone? Again, it'd be a pretty weak workaround that won't happen but would the SDK actually allow it?

11. MacProPIMP thread starter macrumors member

Disagree

I have to disagree, business is business. Adobe and Apple will both win by selling mobile Adobe apps on the app store. Flash isn't on most Mobile platforms....yet.

12. bozzykid macrumors 68020

I really don't see how Adobe releasing an app has anything to do with getting Flash support in the mobile version of Safari.

13. iphonetester macrumors member

How many of you think, that Apple is developing an update for Safari that will render the flash content?

14. IronLogik macrumors 6502

Anyone who seems to think Flash on a mobile device is a good idea clearly hasn't used it or seen the videos of it running on other mobile devices. It isn't even usable. What makes you think it will be any more usable on an iPhone? If you're trying to think of a reason, you can stop now. There is no need for flash on the iphone. Sooner people realize this the better off we'll all be.

You shouldn't be begging for flash. You should be happy your phone isn't crippled by what Flash brings to your phone.

And remember. You put flash on a phone. You get tons of ****** advertising that demands your attention on tons of websites. Talk about watching your battery life disappear.

15. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Don't you mean that:

Adobe shouldn't worry about the iPhone platform until they (Adobe) learns to play nice with Apple products in the Flash world.

Because Apple is not to blame here. Apple does not write Flash.

S-