Adobe releases Lr Classic 8.4

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by MCAsan, Aug 13, 2019 at 5:11 AM.

1. mollyc macrumors 68000

Hopefully that will give a good performance update.

2. Darmok N Jalad macrumors 68000

Darmok N Jalad

I thought they had implemented GPU acceleration all the way back in LR6?

3. mollyc macrumors 68000

It says this adds it for editing not just display.

4. MCAsan thread starter macrumors 601

MCAsan

Full acceleration may not be on by default. Go to Preferences—>Performance. At the top you should see something like Use Graphics Processor follow by an option selector set to Auto. Change from Auto to Custom. That will give you the option to turn on the GPU for image processing…not just display jobs. When you turn that on below it will say something like max GPU acceleration is now on. This is where having a higher end GPU could start to make a difference in Lr Classic.

5. MCAsan thread starter macrumors 601

MCAsan

This thread was not intended as a referendum on Adobe. If you want that, start another thread please.

If you do set up Lr for full acceleration, don't forget to do the same for ACR in the Photoshop preferences.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Agreed and the posts were removed.

Please stay on topic. If you don't like lightroom, then please move, such non sequiturs are offtopic and not helpful

7. MCAsan thread starter macrumors 601

MCAsan

Note that the editing acceleration only works with images using Process version 5. Yesterday I selected all the images in my catalog and had LR update them all to the Current Process (version 5). I am now having Lr update all the 1:1 previews because a preview could be slightly different rendered via Process 5 vs older versions.