Adobe Sends Out First Beta Invites for Photoshop CC for iPad

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 14, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Adobe is now accepting applications to a beta version of its forthcoming Photoshop CC for iPad app, due to be released later this year.

[​IMG]

The company has been sending out emails to Creative Cloud subscribers since Monday, inviting them to apply for the beta program and be among the first to try "Photoshop for the small screen."

CC customers who click the link in the email are sent to a Google Forms signup page where they're asked to enter their name, email address, and offer a brief explanation as to why they're interested in testing the beta.

First announced at Adobe's MAX 2018 conference, Photoshop CC for iPad aims to provide an equivalent experience to using Photoshop on desktop, bringing its most professional features to a touchscreen interface specially designed for Apple's flagship tablet line-up.

Photoshop users will be able to open and edit native PSD files right on the iPad using standard Photoshop image editing tools, including support for layers. Photoshop on iPad will look similar to Photoshop on the desktop, with all of the same toolbar options.

The iPad version of the app will allow projects started on the iPad to be transitioned seamlessly to the desktop and vice versa. According to Adobe, Photoshop for iPad uses the same code base as its desktop counterpart with no compromises on power, performance, or editing results.

(Thanks, Onujpt!)

Article Link: Adobe Sends Out First Beta Invites for Photoshop CC for iPad

2. martyjmclean macrumors 6502

martyjmclean

Adobe is two years late. Who’s going to use this over Affinity Photo?

3. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

I agree, personally i prefer Affinity Photo and Pixelmator Pro. I don't want or like the idea of paying monthly for Photoshop.

4. gwhizkids macrumors 601

gwhizkids

--- Post Merged, May 14, 2019 ---
    Is this going out to all CC users? I have not received an invite.

5. allenvanhellen macrumors regular

6. cube macrumors P6

That does not avoid it.

7. elvisimprsntr macrumors 6502

8. xDENTALPLANx macrumors newbie

I’ve not yet seen which devices are supported.

Will it work on anything other than the latest generation of iPad Pros? New iPad Airs?

9. realtuner macrumors 65816

realtuner

Uh, all the professionals who ALREADY use Photoshop?

While I agree Apps like Affinity and Pixelmator are great, people invested in Photoshop aren’t going to switch.

It’s nice to have choice.

10. BWhaler macrumors 68030

BWhaler

Too many viable competitors at this point.

11. AronDraws macrumors 6502

AronDraws

Got an invite and applied-- fingers crossed I can get in, because I'm dying to see how well the brushes work. I have a number of favorites I'm eager to use on the iPad

12. jagolden macrumors 6502a

jagolden

Way, way too late. Adobe who?
    And the fact that after two years this is only a preview (read "not ready for prime time") is an insult to users.
    --- Post Merged, May 14, 2019 ---
    Uh, many have switched, especially where AP opens native PS files.
    This is what Adobe relies on, the fear people have of making a switch. This is what QuarkXPress did and look at them now - practically an also-ran.
    I’ve been invested in Photoshop and Illustrator since 1989/1988 respectively. When I retired I immediately went over to AP and AD.

13. Fortimir macrumors 6502a

Fortimir

The seamless ecosystem synchronization cannot be understated. Lightroom <-> Lightroom Mobile sync is what keeps me from Capture One. It's just too good.

Also, I have several Photoshop plugins that don't work in Affinity.

Cool? He said "the professionals who ALREADY use Photoshop," specifically referring to those who haven't. And there are a lot. I'm a professional photographer and I don't think I know anyone personally who is is primarily using a PS competitor over PS. It may certainly be different in other industries. A big part of this is probably that Lightroom, Photoshop, and Bridge are in a $10/mo bundle. There's no reason not to use PS.

14. richpjr macrumors 68040

richpjr

Beta testing a major new version of an app on a new platform is an insult to users. Okay....

15. nathan_reilly macrumors member

nathan_reilly

i'm excited for this. Would be sick to have photoshop for drawing on my iPad, my 27" iMac running a full view of the image, and my external monitor with my brushes/layers, etc.. like continuity or handoff or whatever, but within the adobe suite and across platforms. Or use two iPads at once, or put your favorite controls on your iPhone to free up canvas space.... lots of room for neat new integration of touch screens/drawing and classic keyboard and mouse UI, even if it is not a singular touch screen mac. Maybe even ESPECIALLY if it is not a singular touch screen mac.

16. gazzrenn macrumors 6502a

gazzrenn

Sorry for bumping this, but do we know of anyone that’s had any success from the beta sign up form?

17. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

No, I did not receive an invite either. Likely a small number of users.

Sorry that I just noticed this was an old thread.