Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hkbladelawkhk

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Okay. So the company I work for has Multiple Adobe products installed on multiple computers. The issue is, we have no record of who they are registered under and if they are registered at all. And Adobe is useless when it comes to retrieving the data I need.

I'm trying to get the serials off the computers to send to Adobe to verify what kind of license it is.

Now, aside from going through Adobe, is there any way to decrypt the license from the keychain or elsewhere?

sjm300

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2009
Okay. So the company I work for has Multiple Adobe products installed on multiple computers. The issue is, we have no record of who they are registered under and if they are registered at all. And Adobe is useless when it comes to retrieving the data I need.

I'm trying to get the serials off the computers to send to Adobe to verify what kind of license it is.

Now, aside from going through Adobe, is there any way to decrypt the license from the keychain or elsewhere?

I work for a Vendor that sell A LOT of Adobe. your only thing is calling Adobe and giving your company name or address and they can pull up the licenses

hkbladelawkhk

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2010
I work for a Vendor that sell A LOT of Adobe. your only thing is calling Adobe and giving your company name or address and they can pull up the licenses

C'mon, someone must know how to decrypt them. They are not registered under us unfortunately. I tried that.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Photoshop > Help > System information > Serial

There is some kind of serial, no idea what serial though.

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
If you send Adobe the serial numbers they can tell you if they are registered or not. I don't see another way or what else you're looking for.

SHADO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Beach
The serial numbers are most likely in the .plist files for the applications, which can be found in your Library-->Preferences folder.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
The serial numbers are most likely in the .plist files for the applications, which can be found in your Library-->Preferences folder.

You right but they are encrytped and can't be read.

The numbers you get for the help or about screen are partial serial numbers which should let Adobe find the owner but not let someone use then to register a product.

hkbladelawkhk

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2010
You right but they are encrytped and can't be read.

The numbers you get for the help or about screen are partial serial numbers which should let Adobe find the owner but not let someone use then to register a product.

I sent Adobe the SN that I pulled from the menu, got the "Sorry, this isn't a valid serial number".

And again, with the encryption. What happened to key decrypters, like magic jellybean keyfinder? Only reliable, and for mac....?

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown

If the your Company bought them legit from Adobe ... they will be under the Company's name.

Just call Adobe ... they will know exactly what software your company purchased and will work with you helping you locate your lost SN#

They may want verification of the company email used to purchase the products.

good luck

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
And again, with the encryption. What happened to key decrypters, like magic jellybean keyfinder? Only reliable, and for mac....?

Warez/Serials/Keys. Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.

https://macrumors.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

There is a reason why they are encrypted, and asking or giving help to crack them or anything else, is a violation of the Forum Rules.

Like it has been mentioned about million times now, contact Adobe and try to deal with them to solve the issue. If there is a legit way to obtain the serial, then they should be able to tell it to you.

hkbladelawkhk

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2010
I'm NOT asking for a crack (I find it ignorant of you that you infer that, since we already own the software). I'm asking for a way to find the LEGIT serial numbers NOT registered under our company, already installed on our company computers, and NOT going through Adobe. I tried Adobe yesterday, they are no help, even with the partial serial that's in the help menu. Hence why I posted here.

Whatever though. Unless ya'll can stop running in circles, I'm done. Topic closed.

Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I'm NOT asking for a crack
What happened to key decrypters, like magic jellybean keyfinder?
That's asking for a crack. I know what you're trying to accomplish isn't asking for a crack, but that comment was. The ONLY solution to your problem has already been proposed several times. Call Adobe and explain your situation until you find someone who understands and can help you. There simply is no other solution.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
I'm NOT asking for a crack (I find it ignorant of you that you infer that). I'm asking for a way to find the LEGIT serial numbers NOT registered under our company, already installed, and NOT going through Adobe. I tried Adobe that yesterday, they are no help, even with the partial serial that's in the help menu.

Well, if Adobe wanted you to find the serial easily and legitimately, they would have made it so. Now it looks like they don't want you to find it without some suspicious 3rd party software. The basic idea of a crack is pretty much the same what you are looking for. You want to modify a file that Adobe doesn't want you to modify.

Maybe this support document offers some help. Either way, your best option is still to call Adobe, again.

hkbladelawkhk

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Quit being so righteous people. I'm not asking of anything immoral or illegal. Period. We own the software. It was bought through an authorized seller a while back, before I started with them. We have no records of who bought it or who was the one to register. I'm just stuck with doing the verifications.

now....

Would a mod please close this thread? I'm tired of hearing comments saying that Adobe is the only way. There's never (or at least very rarely) only one way to solve a problem.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Quit being so righteous people. I'm not asking of anything immoral or illegal.
You're not paying attention. No one is being "righteous" or questioning that you own the software. The only comment that you made that was being challenged as "cracking" was the comment you made about decrypters. That had nothing to do with whether you own the software or not.
Would a mod please close this thread?
If you want any thread closed, use the report post button
report.gif
and ask a mod to close it. Asking in the thread won't work, unless a mod happens to stumble across your thread.
I'm tired of hearing comments saying that Adobe is the only way.
So stop reading the thread! Simple!
There's never (or at least very rarely) only one way to solve a problem.
Obviously, you haven't found any other way in this case, so contacting Adobe IS the only way, whether you choose to accept it or not.

hkbladelawkhk

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2010
You're not paying attention. No one is being "righteous" or questioning that you own the software. The only comment that you made that was being challenged as "cracking" was the comment you made about decrypters. That had nothing to do with whether you own the software or not.

If you want any thread closed, use the report post button
report.gif
and ask a mod to close it. Asking in the thread won't work, unless a mod happens to stumble across your thread.

So stop reading the thread! Simple!

Obviously, you haven't found any other way in this case, so contacting Adobe IS the only way, whether you choose to accept it or not.

FAIL!

Search "Mac Product Key Finder for Mac" on Cnet.com.

Worked like a charm. Someone on another board posted it. No clue how I didn't find it before.

hkbladelawkhk

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2010
OK, so you failed to find it before. There's no need to brag about it! :rolleyes:

Yep :p haha. Yay to finding a solution. Thanks to everyone for at least looking at the thread (regardless if I liked you answer, at least you took time out to try and help). I'm good now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.