Adobe Shockwave Crash

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jmanp17, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Jmanp17 macrumors member

I need help, and fast! I run a school mac, and I'm trying to do a lesson that runs adobe shockwave player, and It crashes, but not right away. It gets to a certain part of the lesson, then completely Quits out of Safari and crashes, without any warning. So far I have tried other browsers and even restarted my computer and still, the same result. Please help!

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Two questions: Have you made sure that you've got the latest version of both Flash and Shockwave plugins installed, and are you sure that it is a Shockwave file specifically, not just Flash?

I ask because Flash is still occasionally referred to as "Shockwave Flash," and while the Shockwave plugin still exists, things that require it are pretty rare in the wild these days.

It'd also help if you could post a link to the file or upload it somewhere, assuming that's legal/possible, so others could test.

3. Jmanp17 thread starter macrumors member

It is Adobe Shock wave Player powered by Adobe Director, and no, I don't think You'd be able to test it out, since you need to register with the school.