adobe suite

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
I just bought the adobe suite for the macbook retina display. obviously it doesn't have cd drive, so how do you recommend installing it?? From adobe site?

I have education version.

thedarkhorse

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Canada
many computer shops online and brick and mortar also sell external USB optical drives if you don't want to pay the premium for the apple external optical drive. Something to think about if it's only something you need for a limited use like occasional software installation.

Comment

stevelam

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2010
well you obviously must have a serial # then. just download the trial suite from adobe site and use your serial.

Comment

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
well you obviously must have a serial # then. just download the trial suite from adobe site and use your serial.
thanks for suggestion. downloaded trial version but this keeps coming up:

error occurred- The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.

Comment

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Email adobe with a screen shot of your error message. I assume you were downloading/purchased a Mac version not PC?
yes it was mac not pc download. their customer phone support isn't opened on weekends..grr

Comment

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Try registering you key on Adobe.com and downloading a installer.

Or try remote disk.

Also you can buy an external DVD drive and then return it when you're done.

Comment