Adobe suites

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by autotecart, Dec 13, 2011.

1. autotecart macrumors newbie

does anyone know where I can get older versions of the Adobe suite software as the latest stuff is too expensive to buy? 1 or 2 versions older would be great. Surely somewhere is selling old stuff at a fraction of the cost of the latest versions?

thanks

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'm Afraid Adobe

Are one of the worst companies to deal with....They are totally inflexible about software licensing and clamp down hard on people who try to bypass it.

The only pace you MIGHT get older copies would be ebay, but I'd be super careful, you could end up with unusable software. If you can find unopened still shrink wrapped copies, these would be the best to go for.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The only time I see adobe stuff (new or old) being sold at a fraction is because its counterfeit or pirated.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

+1

I think the OP would be better off biting the bullet if he / she wants Adobe stuff. Too easy to get burned with fake or unusable software.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've seen a number of threads over on the adobe forum where someone bought PS on ebay only to have registration problems because it was counterfeit.

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Yes

You really are better off paying the proper price and getting the proper product...I have done so all my time in computing....Never tempted by cloned / hacked software.

In the end, you are simply better off doing things the legal way.

7. autotecart thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont mind so much as the bloody stuff is rediculously expensive!

8. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I Agree

But if you want to do serious work, you have to have it....Try to haggle a discount (I doubt you'll get one) It's worth a try. Buying the real thing makes much more sense than running the risk of getting totally ripped off on something you can't use.