Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

createpdfbig-150x150.jpg

Adobe is expanding its suite of iOS apps with CreatePDF, a universal app that takes files in a number of different formats and converts them to PDFs. This ensures that formatting and document layouts are preserved when passing them on to coworkers or clients. The app uses Adobe's online PDF creation service to do the heavy lifting.

Some apps, including the iWork apps from Apple, already include PDF export functionality, but CreatePDF accepts a wide variety of formats including several Adobe products:
- MS Word (docx, doc), Excel (xlsx, xls), PowerPoint (pptx, ppt)
- Adobe Illustrator (ai), Photoshop (psd) and InDesign (indd)
- Images - JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, TIFF
- RTF, Text and WordPerfect
- OpenOffice and StarOffice documents
Adobe CreatePDF is available as a universal app for iPhone and iPad for $9.99 on the App Store. [iTunes]

Article Link: Adobe's PDF Creation Service Comes to iOS

ModestForumName

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A5302b)

Yeah price might be too high for a feature that should come standard with a mobile safari update.

FloatingBones

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
The Readdle PDF converter seems to handle all of the formats except the proprietary Adobe ones (which I don't need anyway). Is there any other advantage this tool has over its less-expensive competitors?

accessoriesguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
if it allows you to make those click-able/writable PDF's i'd be sold, they are a pain to make on illustrator or whatever program makes them, plus it would be a cheaper alternative :D

bluez3

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2010
Can it make a PDF from safari, if not this app is there any out there that do?

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
I imagine the fact the Vz iPhone4's iOS4.2.10 isn't good enough for this app means we can't use it on this device until iOS5 is released. As far as I can tell, there isn't any plan to go to 4.3+ between now and then (??)

isoMorpheus

Jul 29, 2007
Only those who would "rejoice" would find this at all useful, lest they see the 10 bucks as charity for a doomed company.

FloatingBones

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
Can it make a PDF from safari, if not this app is there any out there that do?

There may be a way, but it's not specified on the product's website.

This can definitely be done with Readdle's PDF Creator.

Andy Ihnatko recommended Readdle PDF Creator on Episode 259 of MacBreak weekly. That was good enough for me. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.