Adonit Releases 'Snap 2' Selfie Stylus for iPhones

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 15, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Adonit today announced the launch of the Snap 2, an accessory that melds a traditional stylus with selfie stick functionality.

Designed for customers who use social media apps like Instagram and Snapchat, the Bluetooth-enabled Snap 2 offers a PixelPoint tip for taking notes, making sketches, drawing, and other purposes, along with a built-in Bluetooth camera shutter remote.

[​IMG]

The remote feature can be used to snap photos using the built-in camera app on the iPhone or within photography apps. Adonit has added a new 1.9mm PixelPoint tip to the Snap 2 for better precision with less offset, and there's a new triple burst photo capture mode that joins the standard single shot photo mode.

[​IMG]
    The Snap 2 has a 12-hour battery life and it can be charged via micro USB, and for portability, it attaches magnetically to the back of the iPhone. The thin body is designed to add little bulk to an iOS device.

[​IMG]

This is a niche stylus that isn't going to appeal to all users, nor is it a replacement for something like the Apple Pencil on the iPad, but for those who want a tool for taking photos and then annotating them with drawings and other designs, the Snap 2 may be worth checking out.

The Snap 2, which is compatible with the iPhone 6 and newer, can be purchased from the Adonit website or from Amazon.com for $34.99.

Article Link: Adonit Releases 'Snap 2' Selfie Stylus for iPhones

2. FelixDerKater Contributor

FelixDerKater

3. Starship67 macrumors 6502a

Starship67

Would never buy or recommend Adonit stylus for anything. First jot absolutely destroyed the screen on my iPad 2, their customer service couldn't have cared less. Apple was appauled and gave me a new one.

4. npmacuser5 macrumors 6502a

npmacuser5

My thoughts exactly!

5. CarlJ macrumors 68020

CarlJ

"It's a floor wax!" "It's a dessert topping!"

6. theheadguy macrumors 65816

Maybe the coating on your screen was defective?

7. B4U macrumors 68000

B4U

Did that happen with a screen protector?

8. Starship67 macrumors 6502a

Starship67

No didn't use one, nor should I have had to. I don't now with an iPP and Apple pencil and have zero scratches.

9. jimthing macrumors 65816

jimthing

"It's a s h i t stick."

10. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Not sure about the original Jot Pro discs, but the replacements I bought for my 2015 Jot Mini have an additional layer of thin plastic on them.