Adonit Writer Plus vs Zaggfolio

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by sithjedi333, May 19, 2012.

1. sithjedi333 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm looking for a keyboard case with the following requirements:

1) an actual case, where I don't have to remove it in order to use it as a keyboard

2) a case that's also a protective case in case of drops and snaps closed

3) ideally I could remove the keyboard when I don't need it to save on weight and use it as a case that will stand and that I can fold back for reading

Do any cases fit my requirements? So far the ZaggFolio and Adonit Writer Plus seem closest to what I'm looking for. Are there any others I should look at? Does anyone have the Adonit and like/dislike it? There are very few reviews here and I'm interested in your experiences.

Thanks!

2. Lenow macrumors regular

Adonit Feels Sleeker, but both work

I am a devotee of the new Logitech UltraSlim keyboard cover, but have used both the ZaggFolio and the Adonit writer plus. First, the ZaggFolio is solid, protective and works everytime. You can choose from lots of colors which is fun. I found it a bit too clumsy, plastic feeling and removal of the iPad is a bit of a hassle. The Adonit Writer Plus is a very sleek, light and well-designed cover/case. I like that it allows for multiple horizontal positions and that it doesn't seem to add a lot of weight or bulk. That said, I have returned two of them because they aren't working with my new iPad becuase hitting one key causes multiple entries. My wife has the Adonit Writer Plus for her iPad 2 and it works great. Good luck.