Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
is there a way to get rid of ALL the ads in cydia? its very annoying

mustnotsleep

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2010
when Cydia isn't free, you can start bitching about ads.

translation: i have nothing useful to add but i would like to add my useless moral judgments for no reason. im pretty sure you can block ads anywhere on the iphone by blocking certain connections via firewall ip.

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
There are ways to block the ads but I think viewing an ad is a fair exchange for the repo hosting the programs for free.

t4citurn

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2010
There is a way (I have done it, but forgot where I found the hack!) where you mod the service.js (!) file to value =null and all the ads are gone. Google is your best friend.

simple20

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
I don't mind ads, if its free. What I mind is when the effing ad takes up the whole screen and you have about a mm on the top and bottom to scroll. Its impossible to not hit the ad, or to hit one of the buttons on the bottom, thus making me have to start the search all over again. VERY ANNOYING.

iPhone Addict

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Add the following repo:

repo.modyouri.com

Then install AdBlock Toggle from that repo.

More instructions about it can be found here: AdBlock Toggle

This blocks ads everywhere in your phone (cydia, safari, etc). While the argument of looking at ads in exchange for the repo hosting content for free is certainly valid, you still have the right to decide what you choose to view or block on your device.

blue442

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2010
seraching for "Ablock" didnt return any results, search for "SBadblock" and you'll find it.

thanks for the tip though, i installed it myself! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.