ADs in Cydia...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bw1128, Aug 4, 2010.

1. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

is there a way to get rid of ALL the ads in cydia? its very annoying

2. monderick macrumors member

when Cydia isn't free, you can start bitching about ads.

3. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

translation: i have nothing useful to add but i would like to add my useless moral judgments for no reason. im pretty sure you can block ads anywhere on the iphone by blocking certain connections via firewall ip.

4. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

There are ways to block the ads but I think viewing an ad is a fair exchange for the repo hosting the programs for free.

5. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

+1

Don't like em, don't click on em. It's not like they're that hard to avoid anyways.

6. t4citurn macrumors newbie

There is a way (I have done it, but forgot where I found the hack!) where you mod the service.js (!) file to value =null and all the ads are gone. Google is your best friend.

7. simple20 macrumors regular

I don't mind ads, if its free. What I mind is when the effing ad takes up the whole screen and you have about a mm on the top and bottom to scroll. Its impossible to not hit the ad, or to hit one of the buttons on the bottom, thus making me have to start the search all over again. VERY ANNOYING.

8. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

Add the following repo:

repo.modyouri.com

Then install AdBlock Toggle from that repo.

More instructions about it can be found here: AdBlock Toggle

This blocks ads everywhere in your phone (cydia, safari, etc). While the argument of looking at ads in exchange for the repo hosting content for free is certainly valid, you still have the right to decide what you choose to view or block on your device.

9. blue442 macrumors newbie

seraching for "Ablock" didnt return any results, search for "SBadblock" and you'll find it.

thanks for the tip though, i installed it myself! :)