Ads in iPhoto?

MoparShaha

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
So I open up iPhoto today, and guess what pops up?

It doesn't really bother me, but I was pretty surprised by it. Has anyone else seen this?

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
MoparShaha said:
So I open up iPhoto today, and guess what pops up?

It doesn't really bother me, but I was pretty surprised by it. Has anyone else seen this?
Yes, I've seen it too. Just check the box that says don't tell me about iLife '05 again and you should be in good shape to not see it again.

I get annoyed by adware built in to Applications. It is too bad that you get this with QuickTime and now iPhoto. Talk about a lack of quality. :rolleyes:

Apple needs to avoid this garbage.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Yeah...I was going to try and say something nice in Apple's defense, but I'm not sure I can. Before they started charging for iLife, this feature was useless because updates were delivered through software update. Now it's just an ad. :( But you can turn it off, and it isn't nearly as annoying as QT. QT kinda irks me...I really think Apple ought to just include QT Pro within the operating system and not charge for it. Or remove the ads.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
I get that every now and then with QuickTime. I wouldn't call it a lack of quality. Doesn't bother me much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.