Ads on Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by pirateRACE, Mar 23, 2015.

1. pirateRACE macrumors 6502

I'm fine with ads in free apps on iPhone/iPad, but I'm not going to be too thrilled to see ads on this tiny screen. I'm even okay with ads in feeds like Twitter, Facebook, etc on the watch, but I really hope Apple won't allow for pop-up full screen or banner ads I have to close to see the content I want. Anyone have any insight on this and what Apple's stance is on this? Thanks!

2. pirateRACE thread starter macrumors 6502

I suppose anyone with any insight is likely bound by an NDA. I suppose I'll have to wait and see if I have to close Candy Crush ads before checking the weather... :confused:

3. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

There will be no ads on Apple Watch. Apple Watch is tailored to notifications as well as third party news feed from Twitter, Instagram...etc.

4. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

Well, there will be no ads per-se.... but I bet if you have, for example, a BathAndBodyWorks app on your phone and you're walking in the mall and get near a Bath and Body Works store, the watch will light up with something like, 'new Mango Coconut body lotion on sale - 2 for $24! come in now!'

5. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

None other than the SPAM email ads that pop up. :D

I have already told my phone to stop sending me notifications from the email account I have that gets all my spam.

6. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

That yes. That's not an ad but rather a promotion. Imo. Walk by macys and watch says "weekend sale 50-80% OFF"