Adsense widget not working?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by shakeman0, Aug 19, 2009.

1. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

Jul 20, 2009
    I've been using Adsense with my iWeb site and it has been working great. Then I got on and all the ads turned to gray boxes! I can't figure out what's wrong. I contacted Apple and they said to change the names of my iWeb pages (they had spaces in the names before) so I did that and it still does not work. I tried emailing Google and they said they couldn't find my website url. I'm really stumped about this. All help would be great!

2. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

Dec 7, 2007
    Alexandria, VA, USA
    Might be related to this bug:

Read that page carefully, there is a free update patch there if you're using the corrupt version. If that doesn't work or does not apply to your situation, I can tell you that looking at your source from the URL in your signature the Adsense Javascript code is simply missing - the gray areas are the container div's and associated CSS created by iWeb, which is there. If all else fails, re-insert the code using the widget and publish again.

On a side note, things don't break without some kind of trigger, i.e. you published after an update, or upgraded to a new version.