Advance excel training. Any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Big D 51, May 31, 2012.

1. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

Hi,

I am interested in gaining more experience with building dashboards to analyze data. I am registered to take a few excel classes that involves VBA, Micros, and etc; however, I am still looking for a class that instructs/ teaches how to build nice dashboards. I am also interested in a class that may be around how to design effective spreadsheets. Any recommendations?

Thank you.

2. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

Charley Kyd probably has the best site for that. When I served as an analyst at a Fortune 100 company, I began using his materials and attended one of his phone conferences. Superb examples and illustrations. His work made a dramatic difference in much of what I did, and eventually I began training other analysts.

Excel User: Charley Kyd

An advanced book for Excel development is: Professional Excel Development by Stephen Bullen, Rob Bovey, and John Green. A lot of good stuff there.

3. Big D 51 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

Thank you very much.

4. stevenpa macrumors 6502

5. Big D 51 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

Thanks for the reply, Steven. I've actually got the excel 2010 book on the way. Glad to know you think it was good. I will look into the other one as well.

6. javedsebas macrumors newbie

Can I get advance excel training? Any possibility?