Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Ja Di ksw, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Does anyone have this game? I'm thinking about picking it up tonight before a coupon I have expires, but I was wondering if people thought it was good before I spent money on it.

2. vandozza macrumors 6502a

vandozza

did you play and like advance wars:dual strike?

if you liked dual strike then you would enjoy days of ruin.
    there are 26 missions in the main campaign, and around 30-40 trial missions.

the best feature is being able to play people around the world over wi-fi.

i think its a little harder than dual strike, but the new vehicles are much better.

overall its a more realistic, grittier version of dual strike (and includes wi-fi!)

3. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

I haven't tried any of the advance war games. I like war type games (BWii, SC, WC3) like turn based games (Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time).

4. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I got it a few days ago and I like it! The online play is nice and you can now store 50 custom maps (up from 3 on older versions). But of course I've liked all the AW games.

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Its great...I can say one of , if not, the best DS title to date!

6. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Well, after all the good reviews I decided to get it :), thank you everyone. I haven't had time to play it yet, I'll report later on it.

Thanks again.

7. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Interesting. I was myself finding it much more easier to S-Rank missions with Days of Ruin than with Dual Strike. (With speed, power and technique scores not capped at 100 when added together) I S-Ranked 19 out of 20 missions so far on my first try. I wasn't scoring as good with dual strike.

Overall, I miss the war room but the overall gameplay in the new version is much more balanced. (Dropping skills, exotic units, and toning down CO abilities helped a lot)

I love the new units (Especially Bike, Flare, Rigs and Anti-Tanks). The new units seem to have better purpose than the units that got added/dropped over the past few advance wars games. Anybody else using a lot less basic tanks in Days of ruins than in previous Advance Wars games? Tanks used to be my favorites when it came to bang for the buck but they get outclassed too fast in story mode.

Anybody tried online yet? I plan on finishing story mode first. Not sure how I will manage online as I usually think for a long time before moving my units.

Love the game.

8. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Same, I wasn't that good at other AW games.. I could still beat the story mode but some levels took a long time. This one I haven't gotten less than an A.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

No sir I don't like it. I haven't played on the single player yet, just multiplayer with some friends. I don't think I'm liking the art direction which was the first thing that got me excited for this title.

AW1 and Dual Strike, albeit with no online play are still my fave AW titles. After I've beaten more games I might give the single player a proper run through.