Advanced Calling 1.0 Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrisf60647, Sep 28, 2015.

1. chrisf60647 macrumors newbie

Anyone successfully turned on Advanced Calling on Verizon? Mine tells me to call Verizon which i did and still not working. Rebooted phone as well.

2. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

We did (wife's 6S, my 6S+), also tested it, and it works great, i.e., I made a voice call via cellular, switched over to Safari browsed around, hit up maps (without WiFi). That's been my only beef with Verizon + iPhone, the inability to do voice + data, and now that's mostly resolved (I guess you do have to be in LTE coverage ...)

It hasn't come up much with me, but on the rare occasion it did, it was a moderate PITA.

[edit]

FWIW, it showed up on hers a good bit later after it did mine, her Enable LTE was just an on/off toggle for the first day.

3. Josh125 macrumors 6502

Josh125

I was able to update the setting and seemed to worked well and quickly. It was a matter of 15-20 minutes and I had already received the email from Vz about the change made to the feature. I haven't encountered any issues with this feature since I set it to on. Might just ring up Vz and ask them what they are seeing on their side.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yup. Been using for a long time. Didn't even have to call, I don't think. Just enabled on MyVerizon.

5. Josh125 macrumors 6502

Josh125

You can also update my setting, cellular, enable LTE, enable voice & data.

6. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

It's great if you live somewhere with good LTE coverage. I had to disable it because there are too many 3G pockets around and if you go from LTE to 3G during a call, the call drops.

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I live in a relatively rural area and have fairly ubiquitous LTE coverage. Do you mind if I ask where you are?