Advanced ftp functions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cool11, May 17, 2009.

1. cool11 macrumors 65816

cool11

I have tried several ftp applications, transmit, yummy etc.

I plan to make an update to my site and I would like to know if there is any mac ftp program which supports several ftp functions like the ones described below:

- Rename all files of the remote hosting server, at once (like _old_site_files_filename). Also exclude the renaming of existing folders.

- Add files to folders that already exist, without overwriting/replacing folders themselves, but just adding the new files inside folders. Keep existing folders without replacing them. Some folders have special permissions attached to them, so it would be a mess to replace them because then I would have to set all permissions from the beginning...

I hope there is a solution for these tasks in a mac os x ftp application. I wait your help.

2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

3. SHIFTLife macrumors 6502

Have you tried Interarchy? I believe it may do some of what you're looking for.

4. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Cyberduck is an open source FTP client that supports very advanced functionality.

However, you may need to use SSH/FTP / SCP over the command line to do what you want. But check out Cyberduck.