Advanced Mailbox/Archive

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Peter Franks, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Peter Franks, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014

Peter Franks macrumors 65816

Sorry if this is explanatory, but I've searched and can't find the answers. Is Archive mail only Gmail related?

I accidentally changed some settings and have no idea what they were on before? I'm worried it may mess up what stays on the MacBook when using emails on the iphone.

The blacked out is the domain name of my email domain.

Should the Mailbox behaviours all look like that, and Archive Mailbox be on my iphone?

On the Archive page, should it be 'on the server' as opposed to on the phone again?
    What does it archive and where, if it's deleted stuff, that goes in deleted no?

Mainly, the pic on the right, If I ticked on the server, archive mailbox, where would it go, I have no Archive mailbox on my MacBook in Mail?

What are the standard settings for this?

[​IMG]

2. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Archive can apply to any mail server, including personal. You need to set up the Archive folder, but it looks like your's is set up on the phone itself.

3. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes, I've never seen 'Archive' anywhere other than on the phone? But the folder is empty anyway.

So it would never have been on the server? Would my 'discarded messages' have been set to 'deleted' before do you think? As opposed to 'archive'

4. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Create it on the server, then enable it on the phone in the email settings. You probably can just enable it and it will create the folder on its own.

5. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

I have it on the phone but it always says 'no mail' even with it ticked for phone?