Advanced notepad with divided topics?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Buck1, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Buck1, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012

Buck1 macrumors member

EDIT: Title of topic:
    Advanced notepad with divided topics?

By this way I would like to ask you guys, if you can give me some good tips to software which I looking for.

Just for several weeks I am looking for some application which provide me saving fast notes which I want to write from my mind to pc:)

Word is too advanced- not need it for this reason. But What I need is to fast write note.

To this time I am using iA WRITER- great app! fast and simple, but I found out that in one document I have lot of notes and on my mind- the best for me will be some application similar to iA writer but with option to divided all these notes to titles, just for better imagination I attach screen which I make in graphic editor how I imagine this software:

http://i43.tinypic.com/mj8tqs.jpg

"nadpis" means title (I come from czech republic) :)

If have somebody some good app for this purpose please share it with me.

thanks a lot.

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

I did not fully understand what you mean; however, I believe Pages may be a good option as you can have different sections.
    You can also try the MAS as they have a full section devoted to Apps for Writers.

3. Buck1 thread starter macrumors member

Just as I said- need simply app to write out notes- for example iA writer is great- only white bg and typing typing and typing:)

But the problem is when I have so many notes to typed- the document is so wide and when I want find some information in my document, I have to rolling and Finding it- that is bad.

For that the best way for me will be app with titles. Types some title and to writing space I will be able to type what I want- for example:

Title: car and text space: I buy a car today.
    Title2: car2 and text space: I sell a car today.

Just divided typed notes to titles...

4. MathRulz macrumors regular

Scrawl

Take a look at Scrawl to see if it is what you need. Fast, always available, titled notes, search box, iCloud syncing. Available in Mac App store.

5. Buck1 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for reply, but the is not exactly what I looking for- that app is only for some short notes- I need large space for typing notes- just exactly same to iA WRITER- that app is great for me- but need to divided my notes to title in one document:

I great one document for example with several titles and each title has got some notes in typing space...

May be that kind of app do not exist :(

but it really helps me...

:(

6. jojoba macrumors 68000

Have you looked at Circus Ponies notebooks? They have tabs and other features that make it easy to navigate a lot of info.

7. Buck1 thread starter macrumors member

thank you very much for your idea- but it still isn't that what I am looking for, please see again my screenshot- how I imagine that sw:

http://i43.tinypic.com/mj8tqs.jpg

just opportunity have several title in one document- and in each title have got text- note, which I could typed in typing space- thats all

8. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

I know you don't want Word, but it has the feature you're looking for. If you properly define your headings with a style format, it will recognize them and show a table of contents on the side which will let you click on it and go to the section you clicked on.

9. MathRulz macrumors regular

Take a look at Growly Notes. Create a Notebook and then each New Page becomes a tab on the left side. It has much power if you need the power or simplicity which is what it sounds like you want. And best of all: It is Free.

http://growlybird.com/GrowlyBird/Notes.html

10. Buck1 thread starter macrumors member

yes exactly what I need- some left or right column with title which has got each title own content, which is display after when I click to this title in typing space... word is so complicated for this reason. Just only need some content with titles and typing space, thats all...

11. MathRulz macrumors regular

Also in Growly Notes, clicking on the +P will give you a new note page. Clicking on the +S gives you a new section for more notes.

In the screen shot on the Growly Notes home page, Household Info, Boring But Important, Pets, and Kid Stuff are sections, and the items under them are note pages.

12. Buck1 thread starter macrumors member

better tip- but too complicated :D

As I see it isn't probably do not exist that simple app- it s putty for me that I am not a developer :(

:D

13. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

what about evernote.... can be as simple or complex as you want it to be.

Apps for Mac, iPad, and iPhone too that can all sync together.