Advanced security for iPhone in future?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrDelux, Oct 10, 2008.

1. MrDelux macrumors newbie

Hey I was wondering if at any point apple would consider (or a 3rd party developer) installing/deving an advanced security system for the iPhone that would mean scanning your finger or thumb to unlock your device?

I was thinking it would be a good way to keep people out of your iPhone and keep all of your info safe in the event of it getting jacked from your possession.

Let me know if anybody has seen or heard about this getting done and your comments on it.

Thanks

2. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

So I have to carry around a iPhone and a dog awful 'dongle' to use my iPhone? No thanks. I'll stick to the craptacular pass code / exchange lock.
    I can't see :apple: installing a finger print scanner either, and the current model iPhones/Pods aren't capable of 'scanning' a finger/thumb.

There is always a way around physical security.

Besides, why the hell would you put anything of value on an portable electronic device that can not be encrypted and or remotely destroyed by you or an appointed agent.

3. MrDelux thread starter macrumors newbie

*Flame Shield*

I was asking if it would be possible instead of sliding your finger to scan it which could virtually take the same amount of time with added security. I'm not talking about physical security.

4. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

and the answer is still the same, the current gen. of iPhones/pods can NOT 'read' finger prints. The screen is not a high enough quality digitizer to read finger prints.

5. antlover macrumors newbie

I would love to have the text messages and pictures locked... :cool: