Carrier Advantage of ordering from Verizon

bobt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2006
Bozeman, Montana
It’s been a few years since I’ve upgrade my iPhone and I want to order a Xs tonight. I’m with Verizon and am wondering whether I should order from Verizon or Apple. I believe that if I order from Verizon they will do 24 monthly payments with no interest, not so with Apple. if I order dirext from Apple, I’ll get an unlocked phone but I’ll be doing a single payment for the full price of the phone.

Is that correct? If ordering from Apple, what are the pros/cons to specifying Verizon verses no carrier selected.

I’m sure I can do a bunch of searches to get a better understanding but unfortunately I’m traveling right now with less then great cell coverage. Thanks!

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
It’s been a few years since I’ve upgrade my iPhone and I want to order a Xs tonight. I’m with Verizon and am wondering whether I should order from Verizon or Apple. I believe that if I order from Verizon they will do 24 monthly payments with no interest, not so with Apple. if I order dirext from Apple, I’ll get an unlocked phone but I’ll be doing a single payment for the full price of the phone.

Is that correct? If ordering from Apple, what are the pros/cons to specifying Verizon verses no carrier selected.

I’m sure I can do a bunch of searches to get a better understanding but unfortunately I’m traveling right now with less then great cell coverage. Thanks!
Even if you order through Apple you can still do the DPP with no interest and same goes for the iUP, it's no interest.

Jonathan.AppleFan

Suspended
Sep 13, 2018
You can do Verizon Device Payment with Apple too. Apple handles the upgrade, but you will pay Verizon the monthly cost.

bobt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2006
Bozeman, Montana
Thanks. So I should just specify Verizon as carrier for the DPP? No contract change required and the phone will be unlocked?

Jonathan.AppleFan

Suspended
Sep 13, 2018
Thanks. So I should just specify Verizon as carrier for the DPP? No contract change required and the phone will be unlocked?
Depends if Verizon doesn’t lock it this year.

But yes you choose your phone select Verizon select Verizon Installments or whatever it says and it’ll ask for your account information and than taxes plus down payment if you have one than boom your order is complete.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.