Advantages buying iPhone 6 from Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigchief, Sep 14, 2014.

1. bigchief macrumors 6502a

Is there an advantage to buying the iPhone 6/6+ from the Apple Store rather than from AT&T?

2. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

Yeah you get it earlier lol

3. westcoastcyc macrumors regular

Yes, you will get it in a more timely manner.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's the only advantage and the reason I preordered from Apple.
    With other places you might wait a lot longer or not get it at all.

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yea easier to do a exchange/return if there is issues (might be difficult around this time due to high demand).

6. cs33 macrumors newbie

The only one that I can think of is that you don't have to deal with ATT. Seriously, it's terrible.

I ordered from ATT on Friday morning when the apple store was down. I didn't get a confirmation email so I ordered again when the apple store came back up and was guaranteed delivery on the 19th. ATT, when checking out, said it was on or "around" the 19th. When I finally got the confirmation email and checked on the confirmation page it said the middle of next month. I cancelled and got an email saying the cancellation was submitted. Later Friday got another email saying cancellation was not accepted.

I had to call in and three reps later, it was finally cancelled.

So yeah, order from Apple.

7. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I'm a purist so I only buy apple devices at the apple store. Oh and they have the best customer service. /end thread

8. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

The app was the only place that worked so I could buy it so yeah, the advantage was actually getting the damn thing.

9. xxray macrumors 6502

Faster delivery, amazing customer service, trustworthy

10. bigchief thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'll have to agree on customer service. Bought a MacBook Pro last month and had an issue with it yesterday. I called Apple and was talking to someone within 5 minutes. I could understand everything he said because he talked just like I did ( an American ). The issue was resolved in minutes and they even called back today to make sure everything was still working. Yea, their customer service blew me away. That is a big advantage.

11. APPLE-FANATIC macrumors 6502a

APPLE-FANATIC

Unfortunately I may have to wait in line at an Apple store since my contract isn't up until 9/21. Im afraid if I order from apple.com I won't receive the 6+ until November :(

12. lilmitchmitch macrumors 6502

Just because you buy an iPhone through AT&T doesn't mean you can't still get it serviced through Apple. They're all under at least a 1 year warranty with Apple, therefore you can get the exact customer service as if you bought it at their store instead of a carrier.

I've never had a problem with buying at AT&T. I've had really pleasant experiences with waiting in line at AT&T the night before... there are typically much shorter lines on launch days, but also depending on the size of the store, much smaller inventory.

13. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I've camped out at AT&T and had success (back in the 3G days).

However, with the tight supplies of the Plus I'm not confident my local will get enough (if any).

Camping at Apple if my pre-order doesn't bump up.

14. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Well I placed an order this morning for the iPhone 6+ as well and still says 3-4 week. The only issue I have is I can't get Apple to contact the carrier. So I have to keep trying.

15. AFDoc macrumors 68030

I've had success with both places for different devices. iPhone 5s I waited in line for 5 hours at the Apple store.... was so angry because I had been at other opening days in longer lines that took half as long. I ended up getting a free leather case for my 5s because of the wait. I was thankful they had a pick up option for this release.... that way I can laugh at all the fools in line waiting.... hoping....

16. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Well Apple does like to treat themselves to the phones first so there is that. But other wise Apple tends to just be a better experience I guess. They know what they are doing they do it fast. At AT&T its not exactly like that.