Advantages to ordering iPhone 6 through Apple rather than carrier??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JLEW700, Sep 12, 2014.

1. JLEW700 macrumors 6502

Just curious if there are any advantages to ordering the iphone 6/6+ through apple rather than your carrier or if there are any disadvantages through ordering through your carrier rather than apple?

The reason I ask is because I placed my order around 12:30 am on att and its says it will ship in 21-28 days. Looking at apples website it says the same spec phone i ordered will ship in 3-4 weeks. Should I cancel my att order and order from apple to save myself any hassle in the future?

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I have always done Apple in the past but today at 3AM, Apple was down so I ordered both iPhone 6 from AT&T. Confirmed and sent to shipping for the 19th!

Apple was STILL down after I was done!

You got to be flexable!

3. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

4. Prise macrumors regular

More supply and usually a more seamless purchasing experience. And, true unlocked phones.

5. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

The advantage of ordering from Apple is they will have much more inventory to ship compare to any of the carriers.

6. Robertm1984 macrumors newbie

AT&T gave me the same time frame and I ordered from them as soon as the pre order started. They put a hold on my card and then charged my card but they still say it's expected in November...

Attached Files:

7. RyanTheGeneral macrumors regular

This--- I ordered from apple and it was easy.

Also I can be completely wrong but seeing as some people here seem to be having trouble with their unlimited most of it seems to be coming from the carrier itself. On apple it was quick and had no trouble with keeping unlimited.

8. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Apple has more inventory, and will sometimes even bump shipment dates earlier as it gets closer. Carriers won't do that.

9. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

In my opinion there isn't really an advantage. Once you get the phone you can take it to Apple for any reason even if you bought through your carrier. Apple will obviously have more stock, but usually less people go to the carrier to buy their phones. This year the preorder times seem to be slipping at the same rate across all the sites.

The main advantage I would say is that you can add AppleCare+ right from checkout on Apple, at least on Verizon you can't. Which means I have to call them and convince them to add AppleCare+ on my phone since I live over 2 hours from the nearest store.

10. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Geeeeeez. That's insane! Hopefully some more shipments get here asap and no one has to wait that long.

11. JLEW700 thread starter macrumors 6502

Exactly! Thats why I asked the question. If theres an advantage to getting the phone directly through apple than Ill cancel my order through att since they're the same time frame. If there no advantage than Ill just leave it alone.

12. G-Ziss macrumors regular

Yes, I'm not sure what the TC is talking about.

13. techiebug macrumors 6502a

I ordered from Apple because they have a very easy exchange /Refund process. I'm a picky guy so if I find a dead pixel I'll go exchange it.

14. illutionz macrumors 65816

Apple is the only place to get unlocked phone!

15. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

I'd just keep my original order.