Advenio & MacGourmet Gone??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LarryMcJ, Mar 19, 2008.

1. LarryMcJ macrumors newbie

Today is the fourth straight day that www.advenio.com (creators of MacGourmet) and www.macgourmet.com have been down. Also, email to anyone at advenio.com is bounced.

Should the users of their applications start looking for a viable replacement? Does anyone have any other information?

LarryMcJ

2. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

Hmm....that is strange. I believe they put out a MacGourmet update not too long ago.

Not sure about a replacement, but I see no reason to switch as I'm happy with it how it is.

3. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Wierd I was there a couple of days ago reading the forums and update notes. But by all means let's jump to conclusions :rolleyes:

They are currently beta testing or about to beta test 2.3 I believe. Which incorporates some nice features especially meal planning (I hope).

4. LarryMcJ thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not jumping to conclusions at all...but being in the software business myself, if a site and all email to a company ceases for four straight days...there is a problem. I just wondered if someone here might know.

It's a good program, as is it's only viable competitor, YummySoup! and I use them both.

5. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Weather, ISP issues, Server failure, etc. I would give them the benefit of the doubt. I to do software and manage networks. Things happen. I'm waiting for a few changes before I buy MacGourmet so I've been visiting the news and forums every few days. But it's not a big company from what I have seen.

Probably not the best disaster recovery plan for not having a backup domain but who knows. If a company doesn't publish updates/news for over a couple months or so THEN I'd be worried, 2-3 days (I looked at my history and I was there almost 3 days ago) wouldn't worry me so much.

6. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

7. AdvenioMike macrumors newbie

I came across this thread while googling for something else (man is Google fast at indexing now) and yes, Advenio/MacGourmet are still VERY much alive and well! We've just been having a major server issue and problems with our host provider (who was once very good, but is now very, very bad). Most things are back up, but I'm still working to restore everything back to the way it was.

Thanks for your patience!

Michael Dupuis
    Advenio

8. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

Thanks for the update, Michael. MacGourmet is a great program and I look forward to more updates. :)

9. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Being in the IT business I figured it was something like that. I'm the one that asked about the Meal Planning recently. Can't wait to pick up the latest version when it's ready.