Adventure Game Theme question, help is much appreciated

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by leo5th, Sep 23, 2012.

1. leo5th macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I'm making an adventure game for iOS. Travel the world, uncover secrets, explore hidden places, solve puzzles, etc. I hope everyone will like it when we launch it.
    However we can't decide about the theme of the adventure. Could you please help let us know which setup you find the most appealing to you? Thank you.

Please chose on of the 3 themes:
    1) Adventures of a treasure hunter (style of indiana jones, lara croft)
    2) Journey of a Myth Buster (a hero of 21 century armed with current technology, debunking urban myths, historical inaccuracies and so on)
    3) Chase after ancient mysteries with a pinch of supernatural ( in style of da vinci code)

every input is much appreciated, thank you :)

2. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Seems to me you should be posting this in one of the iOS app forums and not in the Mac app forum.

3. leo5th thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm sorry i forgot to menton w plan to roll it over to desktop PC and social network if the game is well recieved by players :)

4. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

I'm not a big computer games player, but I'd suggest that no matter what you do, if you port to the Mac, do a complete redesign. I've hated the games I've bought that are direct ports.

That said, I happen to like choice 2 because it seems novel and would be educational without losing the fun aspect.