Adverts over menus with Safari

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lloyd709, Sep 28, 2011.

1. lloyd709, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011

lloyd709 macrumors 6502

I've started to notice the standard rectangle shape adverts on websites go over the workings of the website when using safari but not with other web browsers.

This means that if they are under a drop down menu, the menu items are under the advert and you can't click on them. If you are not sure what I mean, have a look at the following page in Safari and then Firefox:

http://psd.tutsplus.com/

(I'm not plugging this website by the way - it's just the one I'm looking at at the moment with the problem)

In Safari, you can't see some the menu items from the drop down menu because they are under the advert - but not in Firefox.

I can't seem to find anything on the web about this but I find it surprising because it's caused me to view websites in Firefox over Safari on a number of occasions now.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

The site developer didn't check the layout in Safari, I suppose. Different browsers render sites in different manners.

I have the "AdBlock" extension installed and enabled in Safari so the banner doesn't appear at all on that site.

3. lloyd709 thread starter macrumors 6502

I might try AdBlock. Regarding it's to do with rendering the site differently. Yes it is but Safri is rendering incorrectly in so far as every other browser renders it fine!!