Adverts you love

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
1,309
19
I'm just sat watching my recording of Lois and Clark and seen ASDA's George back to school advert with the kids singing 'Can't stop me now' - love the sound in this advert (if only there was a full version of the song :()

So what's your advert you can't stop watching?
 

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2006
1,581
0
LastLine said:
I'm just sat watching my recording of Lois and Clark and seen ASDA's George back to school advert with the kids singing 'Can't stop me now' - love the sound in this advert (if only there was a full version of the song :()

So what's your advert you can't stop watching?
Hi. I am a mac.
 

ksz

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2003
1,669
60
San Jose, CA
I get a kick out of the new Volkswagen commercial:

Lowest ego emissions of any German sedan.

Considering I have a BMW 545 I feel they're speaking to me. Where is the humility? :D
 

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
11,824
7
Not really adverts, but I like the trailer segments on E4 where they gently take the piss out of their own programmes.
 

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
1,802
0
London Town
I don't think I actually like any adverts. I simply despise the thought that some 30-something, open-collared suit wearing, coke-snorting advertising exec wanker thinks he/she's so clever they can manipulate me into buying their crappy product. The adverts I despise the most is the ones you can see straight through. I honestly get angry watching them.

However, there is a really funny article on the first page of the Guide which comes in the Saturday Guardian which I look forward to every week. It almost partly vindicates the existence of adverts.
 

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
1,802
0
London Town
LastLine said:
I'm just sat watching my recording of Lois and Clark and seen ASDA's George back to school advert with the kids singing 'Can't stop me now' - love the sound in this advert (if only there was a full version of the song :()
Apparently they were gonna get them to sing "Wanna Be In My Gang", but they had to scrap it for some reason :confused: :p
 

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
8,021
1
LastLine said:
I'm just sat watching my recording of Lois and Clark and seen ASDA's George back to school advert with the kids singing 'Can't stop me now' - love the sound in this advert (if only there was a full version of the song :()
Are you kidding me? Ugh, I *hate* that advert :mad: the only current ad that drives me more insane is the Admiral car insurance one.
 

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
11,824
7
FleurDuMal said:
I don't think I actually like any adverts. I simply despise the thought that some 30-something, open-collared suit wearing, coke-snorting advertising exec wanker thinks he/she's so clever they can manipulate me into buying their crappy product. The adverts I despise the most is the ones you can see straight through. I honestly get angry watching them.
Good job no advertising execs ever visit this site or they might be offended by that :D
 

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
9,025
1
Dunlop 'Unexpected' springs to mind from the mid '90's.

As do the Renault Laguna ad's from '98 I think.
 

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
1,802
0
London Town
dynamicv said:
Good job no advertising execs ever visit this site or they might be offended by that :D
Nah...I meant it in an affectionate way.

Of course I've never met an advertising exec. But I prefer creating OTT Dickensian charictures of people purely in my mind that meetin people and forming my opinions on sound reality :p
 

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
9,025
1
FleurDuMal said:
Of course I've never met an advertising exec. But I prefer creating OTT Dickensian charictures of people purely in my mind that meetin people and forming my opinions on sound reality :p
The ones I've met are really like that.
 

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
3,773
245
Asheville, NC
I forget what company it is, but I like those credit card commercials with those people doing the voice-overs. The two old ladies sitting on the couch, pretending to be the two bikers who stole their credit cards...doing imitations of what the stolen bikes sound like

"It was like, WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
"Nah, it was like, WOOOOOHWOHWOHWOHWOWOWH"

:D