Advice: 20'' or 23'' ACD for Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by simplenation, Jun 1, 2008.

1. simplenation macrumors member

I'm going nuts trying to decide on which monitor to buy. So whats your opinion, is an extra 3'' worth 350+ dollars (ill be buying used)? The monitor will be used as a second display next to my 15'' macbook pro. I previously owned a dell 24'' LCD and found the size to be impressive but i'm not sure how it would feel in comparison to a 20'' display.

O.. and a picture of someone using their Macbook Pro with A 20'' ACD display would be much appreciated!

2. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

I used my MBP with a 20" ACD for a while (sorry, no pictures). I used it primarily with my MBP in closed-lid mode with an external keyboard and mouse. The resolution difference with the 20" was pretty negligible. I sold the 20" with plans to upgrade to a 23" for the larger work area provided by HD resolution. I'm currently waiting for ACD updates, hoping for HDCP compliance so I can hook up my PS3.

3. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

I say go with the 23" for the extra space, besides, it's full HD (it's 1920 x 1200, so 1920 x 1080 fits well). The 23" is the sweet spot between the 20" and the 30" and seems like an ideal display for me, I hope to replace my cheap display with one.