Advice: 3G Case Decision - hold out or not????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by matteo550, Jul 15, 2008.

1. matteo550 macrumors newbie

So i have my 16GB white iPhone 3G. should i......

a) get the Griffin Elan Form Case with EasyDock for iPhone 3G. order it ASAP

http://store.apple.com/us/product/T...phone/iphone_accessories/cases&mco=MTI5OTQxOA

OR

b) wait for the incase slider. who knows when it is out. and not take my iphone anywhere until then.

OR

c) http://store.apple.com/us/product/T...accessories/cases&mco=MTMwMDAzNA&s=topSellers

if you know of any other good cases let me know. i want something to cover the chrome when in the case. it scratches if you breathe on it. i have bought the powersupport screen protection film already so a case that covers the screen is not a priority.

thanks for all you help

2. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Use your iPhone. Get a case when it comes out. The screen is very scratch resistant.

3. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

I HIGHLY recommend the Waterfield Suede Jacket. It's an awesome case and you can even use it to wipe fingerprints since it's soft suede, I recommend the one with the pocket, it comes in handy fir cards, headphones, or even your USB cord to charge. It's kept my entire phone scratch free, the chrome is in perfect condition as is everything else from the soft suede. Make sure you put the phone on top of the sleeve if setting it on a hard surface or any surface if you want the piece of mind that it won't get scratched. I highly recommend if you don't mind taking it out to use it and just as a preventative against scratches as I don't know how it would hold up for a HARD fall..but I love this case, best by far! It fits extremely snugly, and you don't have to worry about it falling out. The pics look like it's loose, but it's a very snug fit.

http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphonesuedejacket/iphonesuedejacket.htm

From experience with hard plastic cases, they scratch the hell out of the chrome bezel. Also the Agent18 is responsible for 95% of the scratches on the back of my 1st gen iPhone including the 1.5 inch deep long ugly scratch going down the side of the Apple logo on the back. I'd stay away from any plastic cases. Sena makes some nice cases as well.

4. Hankcah macrumors regular

lets get this guy an iPhone 4. I hear they are neat. Who uses a case on a 2 year old phone?

5. j.dstasio macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

The guy that started the thread 2 years ago & probably already has the iPhone 4?

Who digs up old 3G case threads and bumps them to the top???

6. Hankcah macrumors regular