Advice about battery

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by joefox, Nov 24, 2010.

1. joefox macrumors newbie

I have a late 2007 macbook 2.2 Ghz which I have heavily used since I bought on December of that year. Battery life, as expected has been on the decline since the battery now has 832 cycles. However, it still shows a capacity of 4099 mAh or 81% according to coconutBattery. It holds about an hour twenty minutes of charge.

I was fine with the idea of going to get a new battery until I swapped my battery with my niece's macbook's battery (which in her machine still last 3+ hours) and finding out that it lasts only about 1 hour 20 minutes in mine (which by the way, is exactly what my old, original battery does.)

I place my original battery on my niece's mac and it read 2 hour 25 minutes (about an hour longer that on mine.)

Now I'm worried that there might be something wrong with my macbook.

Any comments or suggestions of what the problem might be will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jose

2. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

Have you tried a battery calibration per Apple? It may just be that your Macbook is reading it wrong?....

3. joefox thread starter macrumors newbie

Advide about battery

I was reading about that. No, I have not. 90% of the time I let the battery drain before I plug it in, but I will try tomorrow and see what happens.

Still, there is the mystery of why my niece's battery charge does not read as it should in my macbook.

Thanks, and if you are in the USA, Happy Thanksgiving!

J.