iPad Advice about defect?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mikethebigo, Oct 26, 2014.

1. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Hi everyone,

So I got an Air 2 and think it's a great tablet. I've had no screen or performance issues with it. However, I have noticed a small glass crack near my home button that is actually inside/under the glass (it's not on top of the glass and the iPad came with it). I would love to keep this iPad because it's otherwise perfect, but I'm worried that with more home button use the crack could expand :(.

Would you guys suggest exchanging it or just dealing with it?

Attached Files:

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

It sucks to return an otherwise perfect iPad, but a crack would drive me nuts. But it's your iPad.

3. justinTlME macrumors 6502

justinTlME

4. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

This.

5. ipadlvr macrumors regular

You have to return, but will they blame you for it? I'm guessing this was mailed to you?

I like buying things at the store instead of getting surprises in the mail.

6. mikethebigo thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks guys for the advice. I used to return a little overzealously for small things and tried to curb that instinct, but I think in this case it really is justified. On the way to the Apple Store!

7. jayiw macrumors regular

I look at it this way... would you purchase a new suit with a tear in the slacks? Would you purchase a new car with a scratch in the paint or a small crack in the glass? Surely not, and if you did not see it when you got home with these things you would return the suit or bring the car back to the dealer to repair or replace. If ipads were sold with a clear top and you had seen the crack would you have still purchased it?

You are not being overzealous. iPads are not advertised with having imperfections so no one should have to settle with one with any imperfection.

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Apple should give you no trouble in replacing this iPad. DO it as quickly as you can.